Ohana 6 Potemkin Part 1

 Coming back to Potemkin. It was listed like a great village/city in Russia somewhere. It was the center of high art. Higher than Paris and higher than Vienna. Who knows what kind of people went there? And who knows what kind of villagers were there. I am curious...

I just know that the name and location Potemkin was listed as a legend on Wikipedia and not as a real location. Considering Adolf Loos the great viennese Architect mentioned this location in his book "Ornament and Crime" you must realized it is or rather it was a real location. But maybe coming to WW1 and WW2 the location and its heritage was bombarded, and the buildings collaps.But why would it be bombarded? Maybe because their high demand for art and artists was too much for dilletants that wanted to use art just to make money and not promote "real art". These are the thoughts that came to me. 

Especially since I too was "visited" by the spirit of Protemkin when I was playing the piano forte from the time of Liszt and Chopin 5 hours a day and creating music with the help and sole guidance of my dear piano. If you have a musical ear and some endeavour because a medium piece you learn in 3 months, you too can make a difference in the piano world. Especially if you have a piano put in the mezzanine. My grandpa probably knew about Potemkin and probably that's why he cherished music very much. I got lucky I could experience the love for art with the guidance of Potemkin for more than 3 years. 5 hours a day. Never less. And the rest of time was dedicated to Ikebana. No wonder a legend emerged. More about this in part 2.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohana 16 Japan

Ohana 8 A new world

Ohana 5- Legends