Ohana 2 Ikebana
A lot of people asked me why I wanted to do Ikebana in the first place. First thing because it has to do with my name:Hana ( meaning Flower in Japanese) and secondly because I am in love with Japanese Art.
So that been said I wanted to take this chance to learn from a real expert Sanda Lazur (who has been doing Ikebana more than 20 years now) and then there is the Sogetsu Ikebana art that we have been taught at the CSRJ center (Angela Hondru) even though Miss Lazur is not yet acredited by the Sogetsu Center.
So after a few years of training with her I wanted to share my love for Ikebana with Sogetsu Ikebana. But it was only brief because as it turns out to do Ikebana you need a lot of special plants and a lot of money. So I've decided for now not to anymore and instead focusing on my love for nature and flora in general. That was the sole reason why I love ikebana, for the lovely "Corcodus" we have here which is such an important heritage piece like Sakura is in Japan. For us "corcodus" is like childhood but keeping alive and hungry in the same time.Very attractive!
So for those lovely brances I do Ikebana not for people like Tenkei Nomura who just do it for money or calendars.
Comments
Post a Comment