Ohana 1 What happened at Romexpo

 When I was invited to attend the fashion show presented by the Japanese Embassy I thought maybe I am gonna see something interesting, maybe something fashionable, maybe some new designer. I guessed wrong...

It was held at Romexpo at the Bookfest event here in Bucharest and since other embassy attendies were there too including CSRJ members (like how I was) I expected something "ah-mazing" to say the least. But I was wrong...

Let me explain:

1. The Japanese culture when it comes to clothes it is separated between WA-Fuku (traditional clothing like Kimono and Yukata) and YOU-Fuku (current westly oriented trends) and Appappa (a strange new heritage piece between WA-fuku and You-fuku period).

2. The currently fashion trends in japan when it comes to fashion trends are directed by Big names like Youji Yamamoto.

3. The clothing I saw look more like theater clothes made for Role-playing and not fashion shows. Even Cosplay trends at Anime Events look better. They are not functional at all. You won't see anyone going outside like this, especially the girls...

4. The strange mixture of colors, cheap fabrik and crane symbols made me think of some Kindergarden level brainstorming who know nothing about Japan, Japanese heritage (especially about fashion and clothing) and since the Japanese Embassy from Romania overlooked this show and coordinated this I must wonder, for whom is it more embarassing? For us Romanians or for the Japanese people?


Thank you for not supporting me, dear japanese Embassy, I really don't approve these type of "fake heritage" event.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohana 16 Japan

Ohana 8 A new world

Ohana 5- Legends